JBoss AS 7.0 is build around the Java EE 6 Web Profile, with some additions like JCA and JAX-RS. There will be a hopefully short period of time for polishing and doc writing between now and AS 7.0 Final, and your help is definitely needed to test drive it and report back any issues. For those wondering, a future AS 7.1 release will be targeting Full EE 6 Profile compliance.
Now, if something stands out immediately out of AS7 is the insane boot time achieved (among others) through a highly concurrent architecture. (Sorry guys, no more excuses for coffee breaks.) If you want to tell us how fast is yours, do it here.
Some links to get you started: AS 7 Documentation
Blog entries on AS7
- Kabir on how you can get started
- Pete pointing to tutorials and quickstarts
- Max on getting AS7 to work with JBoss Tools
- 5 ways to deploy your application to JBoss AS 7
- JBoss AS7 - The Next Generation
- Operations, Administration & Management of JBoss AS7
You can get help in the AS7 User Forum.
You can report problems in the AS7 JIRA.
Again, the best way to get started is to download JBoss AS 7.0 CR1 and try it out.
The future is now, enjoy it!